Eat My Sandwich

Keeping up with yesterday...


A Monday Rant

I didn't sleep all night because I woke up at 5 pm the day before and I was hanging out with some Pakistani friends till 1 am or so, playing cards and losing.


My air-conditioner had been messing up - the motor that is supposed to recycle the water was spoilt so I had to manually drain the water every 1.5 hours as it would overflow and shut down the air-conditioner as I did so. Luckily, a friend found a pipe from somewhere which I could use to drain water in a pail, but the pipe leaked! So every one hour or so I would have to get a load of tissue papers to absorb all the dripping water. But at least the air-conditioner kept working non-stop.

When I left for work in the morning, upon arriving at the bus stop, I realized that I had left my air-conditioner on! If I went back then, I would've been late for work. So I just took my chance. Now the pail is probably overflowing and there must be water everywhere in the room. What's worse - in fact pathetic - is that my new half-terabyte external hard-disk and Acer notebook are lying on the floor where the water can reach rather conveniently. What I face now is a possible loss of about $2,000.

I got to work and signed in to iGoogle (it's my modus operandi or ritual these days). There it was. The position for the biggest debut by a female-led film which bowed to USD 47.7M - the record that was held by my love Angelina Jolie for 7 good years for her 2001 action hit Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, was stolen by Sarah Jessica Parker's Sex and the City (USD 55.7M). I am now more eager than ever to see this so-called gay movie. No one has the right to take Jolie's place. No one.

I had packed myself a handsome serving of black-eyed peas (lobia) for lunch, and I had imagined I would get some chapati from that Oscar food place at International Business Park. I stood in line for 15 minutes or more only to find out they were left with one chapati only and no roti-prata. What's the point of standing in queue if the item you want is not even available. Earlier I had considered just asking the stall operator if there was any chapati available but I imagined the people standing in the queue would think I was trying to get ahead of them unfairly when all I wanted was to see if there was any point in standing in line in the first place. This Indian stall doesn't list their prices anywhere either, so each time you order you are always waiting for some surprise, guessing what it's going to be like. One time they charged me $6 for what I would call a full meal.

So I asked them to give me that elusive chapati only to find out it cost me a whole buck. I mean, look at the size of the thing, it's just three bites! What is the world coming to? Or was the stall owner just overcharging me as there are no quoted prices - he could charge foreigners more perhaps - give good discounts to the ladies, maybe? I don't know.

So then I headed to the supermarket nearby to get bread that cost $1.75. The bread was half the size of a regular loaf and at that point I could not have been bothered with the price so I just went with it. Until I got to my office to eat.

I was supposed to get a $2.90 worth Gardenia Raisin Loaf with the bread I bought for FREE! Those cheats!

And imagine the state of mind I am in - when I get back my laptop and hard drive could have been blown up - there could even have been a fire - or a short-circuit cutting off all electricity - my mattress could be drenched in water - the ice in my refrigerator could have melted - and well, I haven't even slept well (or at all) to be able to deal with the chaotic situation that awaits me.

Oh, and I need to do my laundry when I get back.

I just hate Monday.

Why should there be a Moon Day right after Sun Day? It doesn't make sense.

It.just.doesn't.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Responses to “A Monday Rant”

Post a Comment


Web This Blog

Chat



Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix


Coach Purses & Handbags are among the most sought after brands in fashion handbags.
Coach Handbag

    eXTReMe Tracker

    XML

    Powered by Blogger

    make money online blogger templates





© 2007 Eat My Sandwich | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.